The phone wiring was run with CAT5 wiring and punched into the 66 block. I converted 4 phone jacks into data jacks for VoIP phones. The wiring was not long enough so I added keystone jacks and 8p8c (RJ45) connectors to extend the wire into the patch panel (the orange jacks to the left of the photo).
I installed and mounted the 2 surge protectors (black one on top, and white one on bottom.
I provisioned, installed and mounted a Linksys PAP2T to provide an extension for the overhead paging system (gray box towards top of image.
I installed 6 PoE injectors (the black boxes mounted above the patch panel)
I installed an 8 port switch (above patch panel to right). These power Polycom 331 phones that were installed in various locations within the store.
I installed all of the white patch cords from the 24 port panel to the PoE injectors and switch.
All of the existing wiring that went to the old phone system that was removed before I arrived were taped back and placed above the panel. They were just hanging down and messy.
Still need to test overhead paging system. Currently it remains in an ROH state as soon as dial tone is connected to it. I believe that the telephone interface is defective and may need to be replaced. .
[UPDATE: The existing Bogen telephone interface for the overhead paging was defective, and was replaced with a UTI-1]
I also need to add several ATA devices for several cordless phones. Currently there are 2 Linksys 3102 devices in place for 2 cordless phones, however they need to be replaced with PAP2T or 2102 devices. There is only 1 free port left in the Netgear switch, and 1 port available in a Linksys/Cisco wifi router that was already in place to the right of the panel.
[UPDATE: SPA3102 devices were removed and replaced with pap2t devices and cordless phones are now operational]